30W LED strobe - portable "The Dizzler"
Stroboscope in your Pocket? Bring it! The following "product", the "Dizzler" was resurrected with minimal use of materials.
- 30W LED (warm white, 10s3p 32V 1A 2700 lumens)
- XL6009 Step-Up (400 kHz 4A)
- 555 timer PCB with adjustable frequency/duty cycle
- Inverter for 555 output (transistor 2 resistors)
NTC fan controller from ATX power supply
- Enclosure Hammond 1554E
- 40x40mm fan (Delta Inc.
- 30W LED (warm white 10s3p) 32V 1A
- 3 x 18650 battery holders
- 3 x Samsung ICR18650-22FM (measured 2030mAh Notebook battery)
- N 30V-FET IRLR7843 VDS, ID 113A, RDS 3.3mR, QG 33nC
The output of the 555 goes to an NPN transistor (as an inverter), 10 k at base, 1 k 5 between VCC and collector, emitter on Earth. On the collector worn the gate of the FET used as a low-side switch for the LED on the secondary side of the transformer. Converters and LED share a heatsink, Flash rate currently adjustable from 0.5 - 75 Hz. The duty cycle was elected with 0.15, the LED will pulse power fired with approximately 39V, CA 2.8A - should be more than 2700 lumen luminous flux.